With 9 years of personal training experience, Kai brings an expert view of how to achieve individualized results. Being trained in behavioral psychology, functional movement, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, motor skill acquisition, and metabolic physiology allows him to tailor programs to anyone’s goals. Additionally competing on Team USA in the 2013 Triathlon World Championships, he brings an energy and passion for success at the highest level.
Kai comes to LulaFit with a proven record of successful leadership and innovation in the fitness industry. He has driven growth in elite wellness departments as well as delivering regional on-boarding and national education programs. Kai has also successfully created, designed, and launched international fitness programs for luxury fitness brands, gaining a reputation for innovative design thinking.
Learn more about Kai in our Q&A below!
What motivated you to become a trainer?
- I honestly sort of fell into it. I was originally in sports medicine, but was unable to both compete on a collegiate sports team and meet my clinical hour requirements, so I changed into kinesiology. I am still able to help people, just in a different capacity.
How would you describe your training personality?
- Adaptable. I meet people wherever they are and come up or down to what they need that day, both in intensity and my personality. Plus, a training session rarely goes exactly as planned, which could be due to equipment needs or a client only getting 4 hours of sleep.
What advice do you have for people that are just getting into fitness?
- Understand it is a journey and don’t compare your progress to other people who have been doing it for years. Its like learning a new language—it takes consistent effort over a long period of time. No one becomes fluent in a month.
What’s your favorite workout and why?
- Turkish Getups. If I only have 15 minutes it is by far the most effective use of time.
What do you like to do for fun?
- I have a mini recording studio set up at my house with guitars, bass, mics, and a drumset. So sometimes I will record little jams that I write now and then.